- The Move 'N Groove-a-Thon is a celebration of physical mobility, increased confidence and functional independence through "Conductive Education".
- The goal of the event is threefold:
1) increase awareness of Conduction Education programs at The Movement Centre of Manitoba,
2) raise $150,000 for the Centre, and
3) create a fun and memorable event that is inclusive of all abilities.
- This one-of-a-kind event will be held at Exhibition Place at the Red River Exhibition Park on Saturday, April 13, 2013 from 12 Noon to 6pm.
- Teams will participate throughout the day - at set intervals, moving and grooving to a combination of live, recorded music or video, covering a variety of themes and genres including oldies, sixties, modern, disco, Caribbean, country, and classic rock.
- This all-inclusive event will embrace all forms of movement on a dance floor - from the dance enthusiast to those using a wheel chair.
- Free dance lessons of various genres will be offered throughout the course of the event to enhance the participant's experience.
- Please check out our FAQ page (see menu) for commonly asked questions.
- The Move 'N Groove-a-Thon is a dance-a-thon in the tele-a-thon or walk-a-thon sense. Participants collect pledges from friends, family, neighbours, and co-workers to dance for 6 hours. Their contributions are tax-deductible ($20 or more) and the pledges you earn make you eligible for a number of great prizes! We have goodies for those bringing in $100 - $1,000 in pledges and then a whole list of fun and unique prizes for participants.
- Contestants are required to have at least one team member on the dance floor at all times during the entire event. If there is more than one team member on the floor, one of them has to wear and have visible the official baton (glow lanyard or bracelet).